There is a writing, proofreading and editing market for this sector.
Many people both professionals and nonprofessionals will occasionally need help with written work. This can range from a newcomer filling out government forms to an engineer writing a report.
Some of the people I've helped with their written work have included:
- A scholar submitting scientific journals
- An executive needing his CV tweaked
- A BSc student applying to med school
- High school students needing an essay proofread
- An MBA student's multiple submission documents
- A recent immigrant's government documentation
- A Professional Engineer submitting a report
If you are a writer and want to help out this market try these methods:
- Put ads in online directories such as www.Kijiji.com; www.craigslist.com; www.foundlocally.com
- See if you can post an ad in your local school or college.
- Use word of mouth.
- Spend time in these communities getting to know people who may need your help.
- Do quality work and don't get pushed around.